Justin Blackmon, Wide Receiver, Oklahoma State
Weight: 207 lbs
Career Stats: 252 receptions, 3,564 receiving yards and 40 touchdowns
- A great possession receiver
- Solid body control
- Strong body; often breaks tackles
- Solid route-runner
- Has great jumping ability; a red-zone threat
- Limited by being just 6’1″
- Isn’t a deep threat
- It is still unknown if he can play in a pro-style offense
- Arrested for a DUI in 2010
Justin Blackmon is a player that I have trouble buying into. The consensus appears to be that he is the top wide receiver in the draft this year, but I actually believe that title goes to Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd.
He has great hands, can break away from tackles and is an all-around reliable receiver. However, he is not a true deep threat and in my opinion, he can’t be a No.1 receiver in an NFL offense.
If I were an NFL GM, I would draft Justin Blackmon in the top 20.