Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Stanford
Weight: 234 lbs
Arm Length: 32.5″
Hand Size: 10″
Career Stats: 9,430 yards, 82 touchdowns, 22 interceptions
- One of the most intellectual quarterback prospects in NFL history
- Puts excellent touch on short and mid-range throws
- Has a smooth and simple throwing motion
- Very athletic and is a threat to run with the ball
- A proven winner and team leader
- Durable and not very injury-prone (only missed one game in his college career due to injury)
- Lacks elite arm strength
- Struggles to make throws across his body
- Tries to force throws too often, leading to interceptions
There’s no question that Andrew Luck will be a star in the NFL. The only problem I have is that there is too much hype surrounding the Stanford quarterback. Luck has already been proclaimed the best quarterback prospect since John Elway but I’d rather wait and see what Luck does in the NFL before comparing him to Elway.
Regardless of the hype, Luck will shine in the NFL.
If I were an NFL GM, I’d draft Andrew Luck first overall.